Maine Coast Photo Workshops
New this summer and fall! Eco-Photography workshops in and around the Schoodic Peninsula in Downeast Maine. In collaboration with Schoodic Institute, I'll be leading workshops to give you the opportunity to take images of our beautiful landscapes, while simultaneously demonstrating how several local and regional groups are helping preserve and protect our fragile environment. I'm a Nikon professional nature photographer, and local gallery owner. Through presentations, and experience, you'll leave with a greater understanding of what's being done and what more needs to happen to help safeguard and restore our regional ecosystems, and we'll all have fun doing it!
These are small groups (no more than six participants), which will lead to one-on-one attention. Each day will start early for that stunning morning light, followed by a lunch break for an "Eco Presentation" by a local non-profit conservation group, and then late afternoon shooting. We'll have tons of fun photographing Puffins, seascapes, Harbor Seals, incredible foliage, lighthouses, brilliant sunsets, pelagic Birds, crashing ocean waves, Gray Seals, and so much more!!
For a sample of the kinds of images we'll likely get, click the Portfolio.
Offering two workshops in 2019:
- Lodging on the beautiful Schoodic Institute campus
- Meals (B,L,D) at Schoodic Institute cafe
- Acadia Puffin Cruises in Workshop #1
- Birding hikes with Seth Benz in Workshop #2
- Daily image review sessions
- Basic photo instruction
- Basic Photoshop and Lightroom lessons
- Daily presentations from representatives of local conservation groups
- Lobster dinner at week's end
- Six person maximum
Accommodations: Schoodic Shores Apartments on the campus of Schoodic Institute:
This is former Navy housing. Modestly appointed, not fancy but very clean. Linens and basic kitchen implements are included. Starter packets of coffee are provided.
- As much photo gear as you can carry, especially a wide-angle lens and at least a 400mm lens (for Birding)
- Laptop with Photoshop and Lightroom installed, if possible
- Wet weather gear, hiking shoes, bug spray, etc.
I'll be with you every step of the way with photo tips if you need them. But for these workshops, I assume you already have a strong working knowledge of your own camera gear. Yes, I'm a Nikon professional, but I'm the first to admit I don't know everything about all the ever-changing technology built into the other camera bodies out there, i.e. Canon, Sony, Fuji, etc. etc.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Please Contact Us.
Please check out our testimonials!